HOW TO DRAW UP THE TRAINING PLAN
Via this link you can download the PhD Plan with the OOA Training Plan template in chapter 8. You need to complete this document in consultation with your (co)promotor.
The goal of the PhD Plan is not to create extra paperwork, but to encourage an open and honest conversation between phD candidates and their supervisors about mutual expectations and goals during the PhD trajectory. The PhD Plan will also help you to make an overview of your PhD trajectory and the education you would like to follow.
The education/training part of your PhD programma (chapter 8 in the PhD plan) includes a number of compulsory elements essential to every PhD candidate and a more flexible part that can be tailored to your individual needs, interests and background. The basic criteria of all Training Plans are the same and include:
– a total number of 30 ECTS credits (1 ECTS equals 28 hours);
– a mandatory ‘Ethics and Integrity in Science’ course (2 ECTS);
– at least one conference visit (max 2 ECTS per visit);
– at least 8 ECTS earned in professional knowledge and general skill courses;
– the remaining credits are earned by participating in amongst others, courses, activities, retreats, conferences and (work) discussions.
Please find below information about the courses you can take during your PhD training.
The completed OOA Training Plan must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. The OOA training plan will be asessed by the OOA and reviewed during the introduction meeting with the PhD advisor of the Doctoral school.